Are you wondering if you can mail paintball guns? Mailing paintball guns can be challenging, especially if you’re sending them for the first time. In order to ship paintball guns, determine whether they qualify as sidearms, as handguns are not mailable.
The good news is that paintball markers are not considered sidearms, according to the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives). What it means is that you can send a paintball gun in the mail within the USA.
But there are some things to consider before you get on with the shipment process. The purpose of this article is to cover all the ins and outs of mailing paintball guns within the United States.
Prerequisite of Mailing Paintball Gun
Before you send a paintball gun in the mail, there are many things to consider in order to ensure that it delivers in good condition.
The first thing to do is to verify whether the destination state or country allows (Paintball gun laws) mail delivery of paintball guns. For example, the state of California deems paintball guns as “imitation firearms,” which may make mailing them difficult. So, it is better that you make sure it is legally allowed to ship paintball markers.
The next step is to get information about the customs regulations of the destination, where the order is delivered, and whether the paintball markers are subjected to them. Prepare all approvals and legal documentation in advance if they need them.
You should also consider any additional charges, taxes, or border fees when mailing a paintball gun. Some shipping companies may demand extra fees depending on the mail destination.
What countries prohibit paintball guns from being mailed?
In some countries, you can’t mail paintball guns. New Zealand, Australia, India, and Japan are among these countries.
The main reasons that paintball guns can’t be dispatched there are that these countries deem them dangerous and as sidearms. People can use these guns, causing serious damage.
You can contest that paintball guns are not lethal and all that, but every country has a different viewpoint when it comes to public safety.
So, better avoid dispatching paintball guns to these countries.
How Should You Pack the Paintball Gun For Mail?
We have established that you can mail paintball guns to your friend or family across the states, now, the next important thing is packing them properly.
Here are some steps to safely ship the paintball gun:
- Start with removing paintballs from the marker. Simply remove the hopper or mag and empty it.
- Next, detach the CO2 or HPA tank from the paintball gun.
- Also, remove the barrels and other Paintball accessories attached to the rail.
- Use the original packaging that the gun came in, if possible. Otherwise, you should use another box that can easily hold the paintball gun.
- Wrap all the removed parts in bubble wrap or similar packaging materials like Ziploc bags. In the absence of appropriate packaging material, you can use a towel or shirt— although it is not recommended.
- After the gun is wrapped, you need to place it in a shipping box. Make sure that you put it in the middle of the box. For that, add plenty of bubble wrap, crumpled paper, and packing peanuts to the box’s top, bottom, and sides.
- Seal the shipping box with packing tape.
- Make sure the correct address is written on the label.
How to Send a Paintball Gun in the Mail: Key Takeaways
In the section below, we have summarized the whole process of mailing paintball markers:
- Verify that the destination country and shipping company allow the shipment.
- Remove all the paintballs from the gun, unload the CO2/HPA tank, and detach the barrels before packaging.
- Wrap each part in separate bubble wrap.
- Ensure that the packaging is secure and that the correct protocol has been followed.
- It is better not to mention “gun” on the packaging to make things complicated. You can use “marker” instead of the labels.
You can send a paintball gun in the mail. But there are certain things to consider. In this article, we have discussed the dos and don’ts of paintball shipping. Hopefully, this blog will prove useful to you.